Typically, CRMs help provide better service to the customers and develop effective customer relationships and to get a 360-degree view of the customer relationship. However, it takes a significant amount of effort in making your sales team use the CRM. Sometimes it takes several quarters to enable basic adoption of CRMs because:
- Changing behavior is tough
- Sales is already a demanding job and salesmen feel that CRM is an additional task
- No immediate incentive to use the product
“In 2017, CIO magazine reported that around one-third of all customer relationship management (CRM) projects fail. That was actually an average of a dozen analyst reports. The numbers ranged from 18% to 69%. Those failures can mean a lot of things — over-budget, data integrity issues, technology limitations, and so forth. But in my work with clients, when I ask executives if the CRM system is helping their business to grow, the failure rate is closer to 90%.” - Scott Edinger (published in HBR in December 2018.)
This is hard to ignore! CRMs are essential for businesses and so is their success. Here's a take on how Compass - a Gamification software - can make CRMs more powerful and interesting.
Compass integrates with your CRM via webhooks or APIs. Check out integration methods. The software can read any event/activity that happens within your CRM as a trigger and helps you Gamify it with challenges, incentives, and analytics. Here are a few popular events that have been picked up by the companies we’re currently working with:
- Influencing Stages in the sales funnel like Discovery, Warm Response, Opportunity, Negotiation, and Closure.
- Influencing Usage-behavior like number of Lead entries, Correctness of Lead entries, Feature usage, etc.
- Influencing Conversion metrics like Discovery to Closure%, Opportunity to Closure%, Lead to Discovery%, etc.
- Influencing Core Sales metrics such as Accounts Closed, Revenue Booked, Ranking On Charts, etc.
Once you've shortlisted the event/activity that you want to influence, Compass provides you access to a dashboard to pick the event/activity and configure games yourself. It’s that simple. Here are a few game templates available.
Check out our blog on the library of game templates.
Here are a few benefits you can expect by Gamifying the CRM using Compass:
- Influence Sales Activity, Usage Behaviour, and Interaction with the CRMs.
- Minimize efforts in publishing, broadcasting, tracking, and processing incentive plans and Contests.
- Nudge salesman at the right moment and influence their sales activity.
- Enhance competition via Leaderboards within the team as well as between teams.
- Showcase Earnings dashboard with history, opportunity, trends, and more.
- Break the Monotony in sales with interactive UX and game templates.
CRM gamification can accelerate the CRM activity by more than 250%; trimmed data processing efforts by 100%; saved more than 15% on budgeted incentive payouts; and brought 100% clarity and transparency in communication, through the organization.
Compass integrates with all major CRMs like Salesforce, Leadsquared, Hubspot, Close.io, Pipedrive etc.